Standard FDM Printer Settings
In general WillowFlex is a forgiving filament and is easy to print with.
To get started, use the following settings with your FDM printer:
- Temperature: 175-185°C
- Speed: 50 – 70 mm/s
- Platform: Cooled Bed
- Cooling: Normal Active Cooling (recommended)
- Adhesion: Printing Tape, Glue or similar to get strong adhesion to build plate.
If you have more specific questions or needs, we recommend that you take a look at our FAQs.
Bowden Extruder Settings
- Use Maximum Active Cooling above 2nd layer
- Retract at 100mm/s
- Retract to the filament outside of the suspension area + 2mm
- Soft pressure between the feed and the back-pressure gears
- Print speed between 30 – 50 mm/s
- Consistent print speed (inner/outer/cover/infill)
- Minimum of 10s per layer print-time
A bit more detail about the settings:
Basic advice: Get a good active cooling system for your printer and cool as much as possible beginning with the second layer.
Everything stands and falls with the Retraction: Retract deeply and quickly to prevent oozing. A retraction rate of 100mm/s should work.
You will also need find the maximum retraction distance: retract until the suspension of the Filament is hidden in the hose, and then and 2 mm further. We tested on the NBEO printer and the depth was 6.8mm.
Don’t squeeze the Filament! WillowFlex offers a very good grip on the feed wheel. So you can adjust the pressure of the gears to be very gentle.
Print with constant speed (inner/ outer cover & infill). We got the best results with 30mm/s – 50mm/s.
We recommend a minimum print time of 10 seconds per layer.